LizardIRC is FastLizard4's IRC network. Provided that you don't break our rules, you are welcome to use it for whatever you need! Just select a server to connect to from the list below.
Note: It is recommended that you connect to the IRC network through irc.fastlizard4.org rather than explicitly specifying a server to connect to. This allows for load balancing.
These are the servers users can connect to:
Users cannot access these servers, either by configuration or because they aren't really servers (pseudo-servers).
Just click below:
- Use common sense.
- No flooding or spam.
- No network abuse - network use is logged
- No abusing other users
- No racism
- Bots are allowed, but MUST use usermode +B and SHOULD identify to services 7. Bots must follow the same rules as humans
- Distribution of illegal and/or malicious software, or illegal distribution of copyrighted software (including, but not limited to, viruses, Trojan horses, warez, illegal game ROMs) is strictly forbidden.
- Just because this is the last rule listed here doesn't mean that there aren't more rules. Use common sense, don't do anything stupid, and, when in doubt, ask someone.
IRC IS A PRIVILEGE, NOT A RIGHT. WE RESERVE THE RIGHT TO DENY ACCESS TO THIS NETWORK FOR ANY REASON.
Your use of LizardIRC constitutes acknowledgement of these rules and your agreement to them. Violation of these rules may result in your access to LizardIRC being terminated.
No, we will not link to your IRC network. However, if you are interested in linking to LizardIRC, we will gladly assist in setting up your server and the linking process. The first step is to contact FastLizard4 either on LizardIRC or on his talk page (note: for this, you'll need to log in or request an account on LizardWiki).
Generally, only users that FastLizard4 knows will get oper. Generally, it will be offered to you, but it doesn't hurt to ask.
While we don't support usermode
+x, you can get a basic cloak by registering with NickServ, then running the command
/quote hs TAKE lizardirc/user/$account. If you are a registered LizardWiki user, you can request a LizardWiki cloak on FastLizard4's talk page. If you want a different cloak, see the documentation for HostServ by doing
/quote hs HELP and an oper will review your request.
LizardIRC makes use of the DNSBL (domain name system blacklist) module in InspIRCd. When you connect to LizardIRC, your hostname and/or IP address are checked against the blacklist provided by dronebl.org, which maintains an RBLDNS (real-time blacklist for DNS) database of spammers, known botnets, etc. If you are listed in the dronebl DNSBL, you will be automatically Z:lined (i.e., globally banned) from connecting to the server for a period of time. If you are banned because you are listed on the DNSBL, you have two courses of action:
- Use the link that is automatically provided when you were Z:lined to request removal from the blacklist, and/or:
- Email the LizardIRC admins at (click here to expose email address), who can set a E:line (i.e., ban exemption) for you.
LizardIRC supports the use of spamfilters in the form of Perl-compatible regexes. Depending on the type of spam being blocked by the regex, the action taken by the spamfilter may be to merely prevent the message from being sent, killing the offending client, or G:lining the offending client. The spam filter may apply to any combination of messages or notices to users or channels, part messages, and/or quit messages.
If you are hit by a spamfilter and your message is blocked or you are killed, you can request help from an oper in #lizardirc. If you trip a spamfilter and are G:lined, you must wait some time for the G:line to expire (which varies from filter to filter), or send an email to the LizardIRC admins at (click here to expose email address).
- #lizardirc - The lobby for the network, if you will. The network's main channel.
- #opers - The opers channel (joining is restricted to opers). All server notices are echoed here. Joining this channel upon successful /oper is automatic.
- #bzflag - The channel for the LizardWiki BZFlag server.