This is an English language channel. Channels for other languages will be created if there is demand.Current candidates for new language #Metroid channels: Spanish (es)
The official unofficial Metroid chat channel! To connect, click here or enter irc.lizardirc.org channel #Metroid into your IRC client!
- No flooding or spamming.
- No racism, discrimination, hate speech, or personal attacks of any kind.
- No distribution of warez or other illegal software.
- No excessive ranting; although discussion doesn't have to be on-topic, please keep it constructive.
- Treat others with respect and courtesy.
- Metroid is an English-language channel. Please only use English in the channel. Channels for other languages will be created if there is demand.
Failure to adhere to these rules may result in a warning from an operator, a kick or ban from the channel, or in severe cases a kick or ban from the IRC network entirely. But use common sense, and you'll be fine!
<iframe src="https://kiwiirc.com/client?settings=19526c3b78855aa7d0894d22380b5999" style="border:0; width:100%; height:450px;"> </iframe>
Change the width and height parameters as needed to suit your style! https://kiwiirc.com/client?settings=19526c3b78855aa7d0894d22380b5999 is a direct link to the KiwiIRC customized web client for the channel as well. The FL4.org shorturl https://fl4.org/metroid also points to the KiwiIRC web client.
If you provide IRC connection details, the server is irc.lizardirc.org and the channel name is #Metroid. SSL is available on port 6697. You still must, however, link to the web client as noted above!
Fansite Admin Rewards Program
Own or administer a Metroid-themed fansite? You may be eligible to receive operator permissions in #Metroid! To make your fansite a "#Metroid-Supporting Fansite", do the following
- Join #Metroid, say hi to people
- Register your nickname on LizardIRC NickServ.
- For NickServ help, type:
/msg NickServ HELP
- For NickServ help, type:
- Add, in a visible place, a short blurb to the homepage of your fansite with a link to the IRC. Or, for bonus points, point to a page on your own website with the embedded client on it!
- See the "Embedding code" section above for acceptable ways to link to the IRC channel
- Ideally, also explain what the link is!
- If you want your site linked to on the web client, provide an 88px by 31px image in PNG, JPG, or GIF format as an "affiliate button" of your website (see the web client page for examples). This is highly recommended.
- Poke FastLizard4 in #Metroid and wait for him to get back to you.
Becoming a #Metroid-Supporting Fansite gets you the following benefits
- You will be named and linked to on this page
- You will be named in the channel topic, until the topic runs of out space - then oldest-listed sites will be removed to make room for newly listed ones
- If you provided an affiliate button for your site, you will be included on the KiwiIRC web client page!
- You will receive full operator status (+o/@) in the IRC channel, with full authority to ban trolls and ensure order.
Please be advised of the following requirements, however. Failure to meet these requirements may result in your fansite being delisted from #Metroid and/or your operator rights revoked:
- Fansites will be checked that #Metroid is still listed. The link and blurb to the IRC channel must be on the site's homepage (the first page visitors see when they go to www.yourfansite.com) in a clearly visible place. If it isn't there, you will be delisted as a sponsoring fansite!
- As an operator, you are only to enforce the channel rules. Failing to enforce them, or kicking/banning/etc. people for personal reasons or reasons not listed in the channel rules, will result in loss of permissions. This is at the discretion of Darren or FastLizard4. Permissions will only be returned at their discretion. This will not cause automatic delisting of your fansite, however.
- You must be active in #Metroid and at least idle there regularly. If you abandon the channel for a long period of time, you may lose your operator permissions, and your site may be delisted if it is no longer providing a source of new visitors at Darren's or FastLizard4's discretion. Note that NickServ accounts are automatically deleted if they aren't used for 360 days (i.e., you will lose your operator permissions as well as your LizardIRC account).